Coming alive during the first World War and serving as the western front’s go-to disguise, gas masks are still incredibly popular to this day. So popular that, many artists who are known for having an “intimidating” tattooing style, ink them on peoples’ bodies quite regularly. However, despite the deathly look these masks give off, they have saved many lives and protected many soldiers from things such as disease, chemicals, and of course intense heat – proving that there is a deeper and more loving meaning to most of these designs.
Whether you are a fan of scary, menacing tattoos or not, we certainly suggest taking a look through this list. Not only will it quite possibly possible change your view on gas mask designs, but it will prove how talented some of these intimidating style artists really are!
1. A Very Standard All Black Ink Gas Mask Forearm Tattoo
Done solely in black ink, this very standard, yet very appealing tattoo looks great across the forearm!
2. A Very Creepy Gas Mask Thigh Tattoo
Not only does this one feature a gas mask, but it has some added imagery as well!
3. A Black Gas Mask With Big Red Eyes
As if the all black gas mask wasn’t freaky enough, this one has some big red eyes as well.
4. A Hooded Gas Mask, With A Blood Red Background
In addition to the eerie red background, there is also a man’s reflection in each one of the eyes!
5. A Gas Mask Wearing Zombie Forearm Tattoo
Very well done, and perhaps the most horrifying design on the entire list!
6. A Lime Green Gas Mask Hand And Wrist Tattoo
A very well done lime green gas mask tattoo, proving that these designs look good in just about any color.
7. A Dark Haired Woman, Holding A Gas Mask To Her Face
Believe it or not, beautiful woman also wear gas masks from time to time!
8. A Very Well Shaded, Black And Red Gas Mask Leg Tattoo
In addition to the wonderfully done shaded that can be seen in this design, there is also a lot of attention to detail within the mask.
9. A Gas Mask Wearing Nun, Praying To God
A very unique and meaningful design, likely symbolizing the sadness of World War I.
10. An Extremely Realistic Looking Man, Wearing A Gas Mask
Not only is this tattoo almost indistinguishable from a picture of an actual human, but there is also some very neat writing included in the design.