Though it didn’t win Leonardo an Oscar, Wolf Of Wall Street is a funny and inspiring movie that is beloved by many people. Not only are there some of funny lines throughout the film, but there are also a lot of meaningful quotes, used in the movie to motivate aspiring business men and young entrepreneurs.
The movie was released in late December of 2013, and (though this may be hard to believe for those who have seen it) is actually based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, who has since become rather popular. The movie takes place on Wall Street (as you may have guessed), and shows just how crazy things can get there, especially when a lot of money, drugs, and prostitutes are involved.
Though there are many great quotes throughout the movie, all worthy of being showcased, the 11 below are the ones we like best. So, with that being said, here are 11 memorable Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes!
1. “97% Of The People Who Quite Too Soon Are Employed By The 3% Who Never Gave Up.”
A very true quote, great for motivating those interested in self-employment!
2. “Act As If You Are Already A Tremendous Success and As Sure As I Stand Here Today – You Will Become Successful.”
Another memorable quote from the movie, most likely aimed at building confidence within young, inexperienced employees, looking to get rich.
3. “Pay Close Attention To The People Who Don’t Clap When You Win.”
A message from The Wolf, straight to all of his haters!
4. “The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal Is The Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can’t Achieve It.”
A great quote (with a lot of truth behind it) given during one of the Wolf’s big speeches.
5. “Let Me Tell You Something. There’s No Nobility In Poverty. I’ve Been A Poor Man, and I’ve Been A Rich Man. And I Choose Rich Every Time.”
Very hard not to agree with this one!
6. “Was All Of This Legal? Absolutely Not.”
One of the first quotes in the movie. For those who haven’t seen the film, this one should give you even more of an idea as to what it was about.
7. “Without Action, The Best Intention In The World Is Nothing More Than That: Intention.”
Encouraging his new employees to not just sit around, and to take some action.
8. “Money Is The Oxygen Of Capitalism and I Wanna Breathe More Than Any Much Alive.”
Given the movie’s plot and the main character’s personality, this quote is not only motivational, but also very fitting.
9. “You Can Watch Me, Mock Me, Try To Block Me, But You Cannot Stop Me.”
Proven by the quote below, the Wolf was a very driven individual, determined never to quit.
10. “If Money Isn’t Everything, Work At McDonald’s.”
Well, he’s got a great point..
11. “The Only Problem You’re Gonna Have Is, That You Didn’t Buy More.”
A commonly used quote throughout the movie, certainly great for closing sales!
For those who have seen the movie already, the quotes above should certainly ring a bell, and for those who have yet to see the film, the quotes should certainly make you want to watch it!